The AI Apprenticeship Programme (AIAP) and AI Data Apprenticeship Programme (AIDP) aims to groom local Singaporean AI talent and enhance their career opportunities in AI-related roles.
AI Apprenticeship Programme(AIAP)®
The AI Apprenticeship Programme (AIAP) aims to groom local Singaporean AI talent and enhance their career opportunities in AI-related roles. The apprentices will work on real-world industry projects and deepen their skills not only in AI and machine learning but also in software engineering skills for model deployment into production.
Who can apply?
- Graduated from a recognised university
- Intermediate programming experience in one of these languages: Python, R, Scala, Java, C, C++, C#, Go
- Understand basic data pre-processing (handling missing data, outliers etc...)
- Able to build machine learning models
- Able to build data pipelines to train and build your models
- Able to perform basic code documentation (Readme, docstrings and requirements.txt)
- Able to deploy your models in Docker containers
- Able to provision and use of cloud computing infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure
- Able to do Linux shell scripting
- Able to use at least one of the following database and data processing technologies such as SQL, NoSQL, Apache Hadoop and/or Apache Spark
Able to use
- GitHub/GitLab and perform proper code check-in/out and repository
AI Data Apprenticeship Programme (AIDP)
AIDP is a new 6-month, full time on-the-job training programme in data curation for AI solutions. It comprises 2 months of coursework on data curation and basic data engineering techniques and 4 months of hands-on training on a real industry project.
Who can apply?
- Graduated from a recognised university or polytechnic(updated on 18 Dec 2020)
- Basic programming experience in Python
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel Skills such as:
- Able to use advanced formulas like SUMIFS, MATCH, LOOKUP
- Able to apply Conditional Formatting to a table
- Able to use Pivot Tables to aggregate and summarise data
- Able to visualise data with the appropriate visualisations
- Able to present your ideas in a clear and effective manner