Forum

DataCamp Track Upda...

Notifications

DataCamp Track Update (to update or not?)  

RSS

Dear Admin, DataCamp has track update for 'Data Scientist with Python', please advise if we should follow the old track or to update the track accordingly? Thank you.

@nns

I have also same comment. Should we update to new track or continue with old track?

Hi Admin,

Please advice if we need to update to the new track or not. The option will expire in a day.

Answer will be veryhelpful

Topic Tags
4 Answers

I just received the email saying that should not update, however, my account is updated 😐 😐 😐 

The email could have explained the difference rather than warning not to update ... because the email is too late!

Hi Vinamelody, 

For your reference, here is a comparison between the old and new career track. 

Old (TO BE COMPLETED) New
Introduction to Python Introduction to Python
Intermediate Python Intermediate Python
Python Data Science Toolbox (Part 1) TV, Halftime Shows and the Big Game (DC Project) (NEW)
Python Data Science Toolbox (Part 2) Data Manipulation with pandas(NEW)
Introduction to Importing Data in Python (REMOVED) The Android App Market on Google Play (DC Project)(NEW)
Intermediate Importing Data in Python(REMOVED) Merging DataFrames with pandas(NEW)
Cleaning Data in Python(REMOVED) The GitHub History of the Scala Language (DC Project)(NEW)
pandas Foundations(REMOVED) Introduction to Data Visualization with Matplotlib(NEW)
Manipulating DataFrames with pandas(REMOVED) Introduction to Data Visualization with Seaborn(NEW)
Merging DataFrames with pandas(REMOVED) Python Data Science Toolbox (Part 1)
Introduction to SQL(REMOVED) Python Data Science Toolbox (Part 2)
Introduction to Databases in Python(REMOVED) Intermediate Data Visualization with Seaborn(NEW)
Introduction to Data Visualization in Python(REMOVED) A Visual History of Nobel Prize Winners(DC Project)(NEW)
Interactive Data Visualization with Bokeh(REMOVED) Introduction to Importing Data in Python
Statistical Thinking in Python (Part 1) Intermediate Importing Data in Python
Statistical Thinking in Python (Part 2) Cleaning Data in Python
Joining Data in SQL(REMOVED) Working with Dates and Times in Python(NEW)
Supervised Learning with scikit-learn Exploratory Data Analysis in Python(NEW)
Case Study: School Budgeting with Machine Learning in Python Analyzing Police Activity with pandas
Unsupervised Learning Statistical Thinking in Python (Part 1)
Introduction to Deep Learning in Python(REMOVED) Statistical Thinking in Python (Part 2)
Introduction to Network Analysis(REMOVED) Dr. Semmelweis and the Discovery of Handwashing (DC Project)(NEW)
  Supervised Learning with scikit-learn
  Predicting Credit Card Approvals(NEW)
  Unsupervised Learning in Python
  Machine Learning with Tree Based Models in Python
  Case Study: School Budgeting with Machine Learning in Python
  Cluster Analysis in Python(NEW)

If you have updated the track, you can complete the old courses 'ala carte'!

Hopefully, this table clarifies on what are the differences and what you need to complete. 

-Liyi

same question for track update,

i have enrolled for datacamp online course in last Dec, and few subjects have been completed, will it be countable for my progress tracking? kindly advise.. thanks

Dear Sam, 

If you have not updated the career track, please do not update and continue learning using the old version of the career track. 

If you have already updated to the new version, you should complete all modules found in the old track to receive the 'Foundations in AI' certificate issued by AI Singapore. For the list of DataCamp modules to be completed, you may click here

Hope this helps!

Share:

Delete your account