Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Speech to Text  

RSS

wang_jianwu
(@wang_jianwu)
20/12/2019 4:14 pm  

May I know what is the difference between Speech lab apps and google speech to text apps? There is also Android version speech to text apps which can download from Google Play. What is the advantage of speech lab over these similar products?

Thank you very much

zedtan
(@zedtan)
Member Moderator
26/12/2019 12:00 pm  

Hey @wang_jianwu, most speech-to-text APIs need you to stick to one language for each transcription session. Speech Lab adds a mixed-language mode (we call this CodeSwitch) that allows you to transcribe audio with a speaker switching between English and Mandarin within the same session. That is, the engine can transcribe casual Singlish-Manadarin speech.

We're also happy to chat if you need a domain-specific language model (that recognises domain-specific terms), or if you want to keep your data off the cloud by deploying locally.

Is there a particular use-case you're looking to support?

ReplyQuote
wang_jianwu
(@wang_jianwu)
26/12/2019 3:06 pm  

@zedtan

Hi, I have some idea in mind. But after I did the research over the internet, I felt the solution might already be there. Do you mind to meet up to discuss a project in my mind? I can be contacted at

This post was modified 10 months ago by zedtan

ReplyQuote
zedtan
(@zedtan)
Member Moderator
26/12/2019 3:21 pm  

Hey @wang_jianwu,

I just contribute to the docs for this project :), so I can answer _some_ technical questions but probably not more specific questions.

Can you drop an email at @aisingapore.org" target="true">aimakerspace-support@aisingapore.org? That's a direct line to the product team, who can probably handle your query better. 

PS: I've also redacted your phone number from your post (privacy issues) -- if you'd like us to contact you on your phone, please feel free to send it via email to the team. Sorry for the inconvenience!

ReplyQuote
wang_jianwu
(@wang_jianwu)
26/12/2019 4:13 pm  

@zedtan

Thank you very much. I will contact them.

Best Regards

zedtan liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Delete your account